Patty McCord is a former chief talent officer at Netflix. Now she runs her own consulting business. McCord’s new book is “Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility.” She devised an algorithm for figuring out if your job is a good fit: You’re doing what you love to do, what you’re good at, and what the company needs. Deciding when to quit your job could come down to answering a few questions.
- When Hiring Teachers, District Leaders Prioritize ‘Cultural Fit.’ That Can Be a Problem
- Top tech companies like Netflix and LinkedIn say they have no problem with employees interviewing for other jobs — in fact, they might want to help
- An entrepreneur who dropped out of Harvard Business School to launch his startup made a key hiring mistake that stalled the company’s progress for years
- Netflix’s Unique Culture of Termination… That Employees Seem to Like
- Commentary: Netflix’s firing culture works for Netflix