One of the reasons it transformed so quickly from DVD rentals to movie streaming, and become a billion-dollar company in the process, is its work culture. The company has created a 124-page presentation on its work culture, which has been shared more than 13 million times on SlideShare. The woman behind the document, entitled Netflix Culture: Freedom & Responsibility was the company’s chief talent officer Patty McCord.
- A former Netflix exec has a simple algorithm for figuring out whether you should leave your job
- Will #MeToo Level Silicon Valley?
- Netflix encourages employees to interview at other companies — here’s why
- A simple but ruthless exercise reveals who your star employees are — and who should be fired
- FT Business books of the month: January edition