The woman who made Netflix’s culture what it is is Patty McCord, the company’s “Chief Talent Officer”, a.k.a., head of human resources. The company let her go in 2012, after 14 years. It’s been suggested that McCord worked herself out of a job but there are unanswered questions, like why a company that has only been growing would suddenly be less in need of an HR superstar.
- Former Netflix HR exec: The one simple question that will determine whether you get hired or not
- Office Hours: In the state of stuck
- BambooHR Announces BambooHR Summit 2018
- How to Build a Modern Company with the Netflix Culture Deck
- Netflix Is an Example of What’s Right and What’s Wrong in Corporate Culture Today