The woman who made Netflix’s culture what it is is Patty McCord, the company’s “Chief Talent Officer”, a.k.a., head of human resources. The company let her go in 2012, after 14 years. It’s been suggested that McCord worked herself out of a job but there are unanswered questions, like why a company that has only been growing would suddenly be less in need of an HR superstar.
- Gender quotas: California ponders breakthrough bill to boost female executives
- Netflix says the best thing about working there is also the worst
- Best-Selling Authors and Workplace Culture Experts from Twitter and Netflix to Keynote at Aurea Experience 18
- How To Avoid Discrimination When Assessing Culture Fit
- Give People Responsibility, Hold Them Accountable To Get Results