The woman who made Netflix’s culture what it is is Patty McCord, the company’s “Chief Talent Officer”, a.k.a., head of human resources. The company let her go in 2012, after 14 years. It’s been suggested that McCord worked herself out of a job but there are unanswered questions, like why a company that has only been growing would suddenly be less in need of an HR superstar.
- Retention issues? Three ways to deliver a message that people actually remember
- The Case for Business Acumen and Our Best Idea for Building It
- Best Management Books For Entrepreneurs and Executives
- How Avoiding Speaking Opportunities Could Hurt Your Leadership Career
- It’s Time To Change How Employees Leave Our Companies