The woman who made Netflix’s culture what it is is Patty McCord, the company’s “Chief Talent Officer”, a.k.a., head of human resources. The company let her go in 2012, after 14 years. It’s been suggested that McCord worked herself out of a job but there are unanswered questions, like why a company that has only been growing would suddenly be less in need of an HR superstar.
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings is writing a book about his company’s famous culture
- How to hire: 5 ways to stop doing it all wrong
- Video Of The Week: Patty McCord on Rethinking How We Manage People
- Intel’s CEO resigned after violating a no-dating rule. More companies are adding them in the #MeToo era
- Former Netflix exec pursues radical shift in how tech firms treat employees