The woman who made Netflix’s culture what it is is Patty McCord, the company’s “Chief Talent Officer”, a.k.a., head of human resources. The company let her go in 2012, after 14 years. It’s been suggested that McCord worked herself out of a job but there are unanswered questions, like why a company that has only been growing would suddenly be less in need of an HR superstar.
- When Hiring Teachers, District Leaders Prioritize ‘Cultural Fit.’ That Can Be a Problem
- Top tech companies like Netflix and LinkedIn say they have no problem with employees interviewing for other jobs — in fact, they might want to help
- An entrepreneur who dropped out of Harvard Business School to launch his startup made a key hiring mistake that stalled the company’s progress for years
- Netflix’s Unique Culture of Termination… That Employees Seem to Like
- Commentary: Netflix’s firing culture works for Netflix