The “best practices” of management—bonuses and pay tied to annual performance reviews; big HR initiatives; silly celebrations to build camaraderie; and, for employees who are struggling, performance improvement plans—are all based on the idea that “empowering people” leads to job satisfaction and employee happiness, and that leads to high performance.
- Retention issues? Three ways to deliver a message that people actually remember
- The Case for Business Acumen and Our Best Idea for Building It
- Best Management Books For Entrepreneurs and Executives
- How Avoiding Speaking Opportunities Could Hurt Your Leadership Career
- It’s Time To Change How Employees Leave Our Companies