Patty McCord is the former chief talent officer at Netflix; she now runs her own consulting business. In her new book, “Powerful,” McCord says managers should always consider whether the team they have now is the team they’ll need in six months. If not, they should let go of the employees who don’t have the requisite skills and knowledge.
- When Hiring Teachers, District Leaders Prioritize ‘Cultural Fit.’ That Can Be a Problem
- Top tech companies like Netflix and LinkedIn say they have no problem with employees interviewing for other jobs — in fact, they might want to help
- An entrepreneur who dropped out of Harvard Business School to launch his startup made a key hiring mistake that stalled the company’s progress for years
- Netflix’s Unique Culture of Termination… That Employees Seem to Like
- Commentary: Netflix’s firing culture works for Netflix