Patty McCord, former Netflix chief talent officer, thinks that when it comes to business we need to redefine “generations.” McCord says that age doesn’t necessarily equate to the best person for the job. Instead she suggests starting with the problem and hiring the person who can solve it.
- When Hiring Teachers, District Leaders Prioritize ‘Cultural Fit.’ That Can Be a Problem
- Top tech companies like Netflix and LinkedIn say they have no problem with employees interviewing for other jobs — in fact, they might want to help
- An entrepreneur who dropped out of Harvard Business School to launch his startup made a key hiring mistake that stalled the company’s progress for years
- Netflix’s Unique Culture of Termination… That Employees Seem to Like
- Commentary: Netflix’s firing culture works for Netflix